High Quality Online Content from Edinburgh and the Scottish Borders
Writing online is not the same as writing for newspapers, annual reports or training purposes.
People reading online look at the material in a different way. They don’t hang around. They’re always in a hurry and they will click onto a competitor’s page before they reach the end of the title if it bores them.
You don’t want to read technical data or study graphs. You just want the main message. You want to know that company can meet your needs.
So you need content that works.
You need it to be dynamic, up to date and exciting as well as informative. You probably don’t want lots of cartoons jetting across or background music. You want the information. You want to be able to find it and you want it to be understandable.
You need online writing experts able to delivery that kind of copy. We can give you that expertise.
Our Edinburgh copywriters offer:
- Tight, interesting features
- Neat, informative product or service descriptions
- Online media information
- Online synopses of longer, more detailed documents
- News and event information entries
- Social media posts
Why do I need content writers?
You know your products and your services. Why would you get someone else to write about them? It’s about time and core skills. If you’re a microbiologist researching a new vaccine, you aren’t necessarily the best person to tell a non-expert public just what you’re trying to do.
The beauty of a really good journalist is that ability to encapsulate complex products or services into a couple of tight paragraphs that give the essence. The detail you can put up elsewhere in links and detailed documents. Towards the front of your site, you need short, sharp, easy to grasp information bites.
Exploit your own core skills and let other experts exploit theirs to your advantage.
Copy for SEO
Here at Infaweb search is our specialty. To learn more about our Edinburgh seo services please click here.
An important component of SEO is copy writing. You need fresh content and regular updates to your website. This sends quality signals to the search engines and shows them that your site is still active. Having a skilled copywriter to do this is good for several reasons;
- Grammatical and spelling errors make a difference when it comes to the search engines reading your content – again it’s down to quality. So if this is not your strong point then you need a copywriter.
- It takes up a lot of time adding a new page to your website every week or updating the social media accounts and not everyone has the luxury of free time.
- Press releases need to be written in a particular structure and if they are not then they do not give the impact you need them to. So you do not gain the exposure and potential social and link activity you may be looking for.
Copy for Marketing
Marketing copy is a specific writing technique that is directed specifically at sales rather than reputation and credibility building. Essentially, this is advertising copy and demands a particular skill set.
Getting an experienced consultant to do it is a wise move. You know your products and services almost too well. With a copy writing expert coming in cold to look at your range, you can see clearly how potential customers will react to what they see.
In turn, that person will explain to you what you need to do to attract that customer and persuade them to buy from your product range.
Marketing copy links to optimisation. Our experts inform the copy writers so that they can use the language that your potential customers are using to find your products or services. It’s a symbiotic relationship.
- Sometimes you can be to close to the picture to see how non-experts rate you
- Do you have the time or desire to build a skill you can buy in from an expert?
- Marketing copy isn’t based purely on what sounds good. It needs to play into the right target customer base and that’s a particular expertise
- Marketing writing has to connect to optimisation. Without that integration, it probably won’t work.
Infaweb in Edinburgh and the Scottish Borders is ideally placed to get you that great content in any part of Scotland or the UK as a whole. If you need some help with content then please give us a call.